Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Mixed race wedding

The blog that I am commenting on today hit very close to home because I am mixed race and growing up my parents would tell me the stories of them not being accepted by some people because my father is black and my mother is white.  I didn’t really realize that things like this still happen and seeing this on the news gives me anxiety as a mixed women in this country. The fact that people are still racist and try to blame it on christian beliefs appalls me.  After reading a little more the couple was talked to by there minister and shown that in the Bible it never said that mixed races are “against the rules”.  I have noticed that people tend to makeup or believe in what they want to believe in even if they are lies, and I think that even reflects back to racism in the 60s because it was all stemmed off of what people thought that there beliefs were right.


https://www.newsweek.com/no-gay-mixed-race-weddings-boones-camp-event-hall-mississippi-1457252

No comments:

Post a Comment